Monday, November 23, 2015

The ART of Possibility...

It has been a bit of a roller coaster this past fortnight, with DDs French Exchange trip postponed and DH starting a whole new career, so it was pure joy I was able to play at the Dina Wakely class by Artified last Friday, and when I arrived home I was inspired to create this journal page, to remind myself of all that is possible.

Created using acrylic paints on a gesso background, in yellow, orange and hot pink using Dina Wakely's circle and leaves stencils to create positive and negative spaces - thanks to the magic of baby wipes! Added highlights with white gel pen, painted the stencil sentiment by Dyan Reavley and highlighted in white gel pen, and added Dina Wakely's scribbly butterfly stamped on patterned paper fussy cut.


6 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly vibrant, Lyndal! And such a wonderful reminder of all the great possibilities that lie ahead! I hope the next fortnight is filled with less drama and that the new job goes well for your DH!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see such a lovely bright piece at this time of the year, love it and thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the bold, vibrant colors! And that quote is one of my favorites. So pretty.Thank you so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. xo

    *Just as a gentle reminder, in order to qualify for placement or prizes you need to add our challenge graphic to your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous piece! love the colors and love that sentiment stamp, one of my favorites. thanks for adding the graphic! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.