Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thinking of You with Opals...



Saw these gorgeous colours over at The Play Date Cafe and knew I had to play along.  Burgundy, gold and plum, remind me of royalty. I had a play with my Opals embossing powder from Pipe Dream Ink - the Banksia is a brilliant gold colour.  I have heat embossed three layers on top of one another - adding more dry powder as you heat each layer, until you are left with a pool of colour, into which I stamped a Basic Grey swirl stamp for about 10 seconds.  The result is a gorgeous 3D swirled impression which I have used as the background for my negative die-cut butterfly - inspired by the card at Case Study Challenge.  I have pop dotted the butterfly doily and the gold embossed sentiment for depth.


With all those scallops, I couldn't resist entering into this weeks CAS-ual Friday Highs and Lows Challenge too!

Hope you are having a creative weekend too :)

6 comments:

  1. wowzers!! That embossed butterfly in gold is da bomb!! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Maureen! That butterfly is fabulous! LOVE the way you incorporated the gold! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so rich with the gold, it really is fabulous and I love it. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy, love the gold! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've done the negative butterly, it looks so pretty. I really should do some negative dies, thank you for inspiring me! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.