Thursday, April 17, 2014

Going Green...


Catered Crop Think Green is celebrating the forthcoming Earth Day on April 22 (and USA National Arbor Day on April 25), a perfect time to Think Green. Just make a project that includes the color green and come join the party, and, of course, be sure to recycle your scraps!

I created my mixed media piece completely from scraps or recycled materials. I started by recycling a page from an old book, covering with Gesso, then applying Gelatos in blues and grey, blended together with a baby wipe. I used the Crafter's Workshop Mini Clouds stencil and using a baby wipe, removed the Gelatos from within the clouds, then filled three of the clouds with texture paste for some added dimension.

Using the Lil Inkers Leaves background die, I cut a few of my green scrap papers into leaf shapes, and layered these around the edges to create a frame, these were adhered using mixed-media paste. The Memory Box Woodland Branch, Poppystamps Serene Bird and Lawn Fawn letters were also cut from scrap papers. The Verve Words of Wisdom sentiment was stamped - and I discovered that the Momento Tuxedo Black doesn't dry as fast when stamped over Gesso! But hey, like it says:


"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful"

8 comments:

  1. wow this is amazing.. clever designing.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lyndal...every time I stop by to see your work, I am often amazed!! This is no exception! Love all the text background, cloud textures, leaf frame details and depth of colors...just gorgeous! The sentiment is a great reminder and perfect, too! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I thought that I commented on this beauty!?) Love it to bits, Lyndal! Your take on the challenge is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! I love how your creative genius works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow !! I missed this work of art and awesomeness, love the textures and the design layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color palette, texture and composition, Lyndal. Even wonderful that you used scraps and recycled materials. Thanks so much for responding to The Mixed Media Card Challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "jungle" you created around the bird. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.