Inspired by the The Color Room and CASE Study colours and use of thread, Wida's CASE Study offset angles, teal blue sentiment and large stamped image, and the Take a Word "Book" Collage Challenge. I so wanted to add some machine stitching to this collage, but my machine didn't want to play, so I went with a flight line of thread instead.
In case you are interested, the process went something like this (with drying in between each step):
- Used gel medium to stick down the old fairytale book pages;
- overlaid with whitewash;
- gel mediumed the Cosmo Cricket Junk Drawer strips;
- laid the Tim Holtz mask letters in place and spread a layer of modelling paste over the top;
- stamped this gorgeous Darkroom Door butterfly on tissue paper and gel mediumed in position;
- once dry, repositioned the masked letters before overspraying with Prima spritzes in soft gold, soft teal and soft red;
- coloured the butterfly with the soft teal spritz then decided it needed a deeper colour;
- infilled the butterfly and "Fly" letters with gelatos; and
- added the thread butterfly trail.
Playing along with All Crafts Challenge Anything but a Card