Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Whole Lotta Happy 2nd Birthday FUSION... (aka Thinking Inside the Oval)

As soon as I saw the fabulous inspiration for the FUSION 2nd Year Celebration, I knew I had to invite my old teamie and birthday twin Kelly Griglione as my guest to join in the fun! I have long been a fan of Kelly's inspiring creations, she always thinks outside the square for her card creations, and is a fabulous photographer and scrapbooker as well!

This fortnight the paper for my card was the first element I decided on, with this fabulous rununcula paper by MME, following the colours and theme of the gorgeous FUSION 2nd Year Celebration inspiration photo. Then for the hard part! After several attempts at die cutting various colours for the Winnie and Walter Happy sentiment, drawing inspiration from the super FUSION sketch I realised I could cut out the Lil Inkers Stitched Oval, then die cut the sentiment from the centre oval, and secure it back in place, made me very happy LOL!

With so many Winnie and Walter Happy sentiments already cut out, I couldn't let these go to waste, so I quickly created another extra Happy card!

Remember to hop along to the website for some more incredible FUSION inspiration from the Design Team and their invited guests! As usual, you can play along with FUSION using either this gorgeous photo inspiration, or this fabulously versatile sketch, or a combination of both.

I would be super Happy if you could join in the FUSION 2nd Birthday celebrations too!

You may notice another aspect of my card making - I tend to size the cards depending on what is needed, rather than cutting the card base first - it can make things difficult finding envelopes though!


Also playing along with Seize the Birthday and CASology Simple.
 

P.S. I would love you to join in to win with 2015 A Few of My Favourite Things too! 

18 comments:

  1. Love, love, love both of your cards. The sentiment and the stunning flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two delightful designs Lyndal! your floral paper is perfect for the inspiration and the mixed papers on your happy card is so fun!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal! So glad you asked me to join the celebration, I had so much fun!! LOVE your technique of diecutting the oval and then putting back the patterned paper. The pattern continues so nicely! And so smart that you made an extra card too. Otherwise those pieces just end up adding to the pile. Have a wonderful New Year, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 fabulous cards, so bright and cheerful. Great to see Kelly as your guest x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design Lyndal. Your flower patterned paper is gorgeous and perfect for the inspiration photo. Having the backing paper show through your happy aperture add depth and interest ... so clever. And your second card using the happy from the first along with other patterned papers is so fun! Congrats on celebrating Fusion's 2nd birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are gorgeous Lyndal! I love the paper on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful cards, Lyndal! That paper is gorgeous and perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two absolutely happy cards! Literally. :o) I really love your take on the current challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful but I love the first one even more! Such a simple but stunning design!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two simply beautiful cards! I love how you used these fabulous colors. Wanted to thank you for sharing the name of the stamp I used on my card and your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That choice of patterned paper with that fabulous die is so pretty and very happy indeed! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright colors and bold "happy"! Thanks for playing along with the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bright, happy paper and that fabulous "Happy"! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty cards, Lyndal! I love the MME patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous use of those pretty patterned papers, Lyndal, both of your cards are real beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your take on the photo, with the happy oval! What a fun way to use those leftovers! Both are happy cards!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.