Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Do You Remember Paris...


When I saw the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge Moxie Fab World I thought it would be fun create a memory box, full of the patterns and images that reminded me of our trip to Paris, so here we have it, my memories in a box.  This was such FUN to make, and every time I look at my box it makes me smile.  This is how I remember Paris, how do you?

It may not be the first word that comes to mind for most, but when I think of strawberries, I think of Paris. Travelling on a budget, most of our stay was spent eating baguettes, yoghurt, and the most amazing market fresh strawberries we had ever tasted.  I remember we stayed in the attic room of a tiny guest house, with its crazy sloping old timber floors.  I remember we had to get used to paying to use public toilets, and that one of the highlights of our stay was a tour of the old underground sewerage system - strange, but true! I remember visiting the beautiful parks, with the gorgeous trees in full blossom, and their special doggy areas! I remember visiting the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and Versaille too, but more than that, I remember the little French Restaurant that we used to walk past on the way to and from the Metro station and peering in the gingham curtains wondering what it would be like to dine inside.

Papers are a mixy-matchy from Crate Paper, October Afternoon, and Echo Park, with chipboard from American Crafts and My Favorite Things, Studio Calico wood veneer chevron, photo cards from Typo, stamps from Heidi Swapp, Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday and the Sweet Stamp Shop alphas, and I used a Heidi Swapp mask as the outline for my heart of hearts.

Also playing along with the Sweet Stamp Shop Use What You Have 
with my chipboard collection being raided again, 
Pinspired Challenge #13 with its strawberries and gingham, and 
Lisa's fabulous Retro Sketch this layout was based on.



These made me smile...



10 comments:

  1. I love collages especially in shadow boxes!!!

    I think this is the most recent one I did ;
    http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post_6209.html'

    I need to do more! Thanks for such lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LOVE this post lyndal! Really like the shadow box and the mix-match beauty of it but the way you talk about Paris is just beautiful! I wish I could go. How special that you have this to remember it :) Thanks for being Pinspired to create it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous shadow box! I love the "remember". Thanks for sharing a bit about your trip. Probably the closest I'll ever get to Paris. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative piece! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wow! What an amazing shadowbox! This is so creative - I'm inspired to make my own.

    Thanks for playing along with Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lyndal! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun fun story!! Love what you've done with the sketch, this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Lyndal this is absolutely stunning! I've never seen a Memory Box like this before and I LOVE IT! What a fabulous idea!! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO. AWESOME. Expert job mixing papers; it looks fab!! Thanks for linking it up at Pinspired!!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.