Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks DYSU...






You may be wondering why I photographed my card with an egg and egg cup!  From the first moment I saw the gorgeous inspiration photo for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, I wanted to have a go at making one of those cute felt bunnies - I just wasn't sure how I would incorporate it into a card.  With the added inspiration from this weeks Do You Stack Up Stitching Challenge, I created this card, incorporating a pocket for my felt bunny egg-warmer. 

I created the bunny egg-warmer by blanket stitching together white felt, with hot pink ears.  The pocket card was created by cutting my card an extra 2 inches long, and reverse folding this extra edge to create an outside pocket.  The card front was then lined with Echo Park paper.  I used an awl to create my stitching holes before I blanket stitched the top and side edges of the card pocket.  The sentiment was created using Paper Smooches Alphadots, heat embossed in Seafoam White.  The gorgeous little bunny stamp is also Paper Smooches from their Spring Fling set.

Wishing you and yours a very Hoppy Easter too!

3 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE! What a WONDERFUL idea and such pretty colours and papers, too! Thanks so much for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! What a cute creation--LOVE the stitching and your papers! And that little finger puppet:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal - a felt bunny egg warmer?!? I LOVE IT!!! I'd never heard of such a thing! That is way too cute, and such an original take on that SPARKS challenge photo. Are you applying for the DT? I'd love it if we both made it!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.