Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Welcome FUSION...


So many GORGEOUS creations in the FUSION gallery again this week - THANK YOU so much for playing along :)  Are you ready for some more FUSION inspiration???

So much inspiration to choose from this week - will you be inspired by Jackie's fabulous sketch?  Or Lesley's gorgeous photo, with its wooden elements, natural textures, colours, themes of beach, home or stars?  Or like me a FUSION of both???

I was initially going to use this sketch to do a row of three beach huts by the sea, but I couldn't find any stamps or shapes in my stash that were the right size - they were either way too big or way too small - and not a Goldilocks in sight!  So I changed tack and drew my inspiration from the weathered wooden house, and rummaged through my scrap drawer to find the perfect papers (Simple Stories and some almost antique Sassafras Lass) to piece together this gorgeous Simon Says Stamp house and street. I love that the house is in three layers, reflecting the three shapes in the sketch, and I love that blue rows of stitches look like a little road leading past the front door!  The simple Paper Smooches Welcome sentiment means the card can be used for a Welcome to the Neighbourhood, Welcome Home or You're Welcome Anytime card.

I can't wait to see what you create over in the FUSION gallery this week, and don't forget YOU get to vote for your favourite creations each week too!

Why don't you stop by the FUSION Design Teams blogs for even more inspiration!



Playing along with Craft-Room Challenges Use Your Scraps and

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Lyndal. ;-) I love the papers you've used, and the images are so fun. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect Lyndal! I love the sweet house, but in a floral print it's just beyond cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house! Now why don't houses really look like that? Great road and landscape too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love that sweet house, and your stitching:) Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Trendy Now 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...this is really cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this is right on! love the paper pieced house...so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love love love this!! WOW!! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.