WOOHOO welcome to my 500th post!!! A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has dropped in to say Hi over the past couple of years!!! I am incredibly honoured to be part of this community - especially when I look at the number of comments received - almost 5,700, just amazing! THANK YOU!!! If you stay tuned, I may just have a little something up my sleeve to surprise you with soon ;)
Officially I don't start on the team until Februaury 21st, but I couldn't resist playing along with this weeks Keep It Simple Square Challenge, with a card created for Online Classes Stenciled homework. Even though this may not look that simple, I promise it was!
- Secure My Favorite Things Scallops stencil over your piece of cardstock and apply a thin layer of Jo Sonja's texture paste - I use my grandma's old knife - as it has a 5 inch long flat flexible blade, so the texture paste is easy to apply evenly - and I have the added bonus of feeling close to my Gran every time I use it!
- Remove the stencil and clean it, then sprinkle American Crafts Zing Aqua embossing powder over some sections of the applied texture paste, and Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Peacock Feather over the remainder.
- Remove the excess powder by tapping the cardstock, then heat set the texture paste with a heat gun - the texture paste will bubble and rise, creating a more 3D effect.
- Die-cut the Memory Box koi fish, add Versamark Watermark ink, sprinkle with American Crafts Zing Orange Glitter and heat set.
- Die cut Paper Smooches fishtail flag die in coloured vellum and stamp with Paper Smooches Alphadot sentiment in Momento Luxe and heat emboss using American Crafts Zing Orange Glitter, before pop dotting to the card.