Thursday, January 30, 2014

Love Always FUSION...


WOW, this week has been a bit of a roller coaster, with both kiddies heading off in opposite directions for their first day at new high schools, and hearing of the sudden and unexpected death of one of my school classmates. In the words of the famous Darnell, Life Is Too Short folks, so kick up your heels and give someone special an extra hug today :)

Anyhoo, I can't wait to see what this weeks FUSION inspiration brings - will you be inspired by this FAB sketch, or this gorgeous photo - or BOTH?!?   This fortnight I was inspired by a combination of both the sketch, which I flipped up-side-down and used as the basis for the panel on the left of my page, and the photo with its combination of colours, hearts theme, polka dots and music. Created using a combination of papers from MME and October Afternoon, combined with Making Memories sparkly alphabet stickers, Heidi Swapp and Tim Holtz hearts, red beads, silver ribbon and black staples used to create "kisses" to secure my papers together.

We'd LOVE you to join in the fun...

How to play:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Rules Page before playing along.

Drop by for some more fabulous DT inspiration here:

13 comments:

  1. Love this layout, whenever I see ur scrapbook layouts, I so feel like creating my own. U r awesome in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page you created for the challenge Lyndal! love that background paper and the wonderful row of colorful hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts are with you. Your layout is absolutely beautiful! I love the picture and your fabulous interpretation of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wee that layout is incredible.. love how you added those hearts...

    Thank you for your sweet comment you left on my blog about my house.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, what a lovely layout, Lyndal. And all the little details create a perfect FUSION.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your layouts! I am starting to do more layouts now that i am on a more layout and less CAS challenge (Unscripted Sketches on Saturdays)blog DT. And I am slowly getting back in that zone. Though I think I am not quite back at finding a happy medium at both yet. You have it mastered, and I am seriously taking notes!!! Love the gorgeous colors and your photos are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of the loss of your classmate, Lyndal! On a lighter note, love all the layered hearts on your page ... scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That row of hearts is just fabulous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout! You do such fab work and are so inspiring. SO sorry to hear about your friend. So exciting about your kids being in high school tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous page especially with that lovely row of hearts. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Colour Me....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely page!!! Wonderful memory captured :) So happy you could share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lyndal, I love how you've used the sketch and inspiration to create this layout! I find scrapbooking intimidating, but looking at this layout makes me wish I would give it a go! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet page! This is the perfect way to capture a memory! You should frame this.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.