Sunday, June 15, 2014

Winnie & Walter Seize the Playdate...



I had been patiently waiting for my floral stamps from Winnie and Walter to arrive, but as stalking my postie has not paid off yet, and I couldn't wait to join in the Winnie and Walter Playdate #2, I created today's card using just the Colour Palette for inspiration - although I think my green went a tad more lime than olive ;)

The background panel was created by smooshing Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar onto waxed paper, then spritzing with water before twisting a piece of watercolour paper in the ink pools. The resulting pattern reminded me of a nebula, so I stamped Walter & Winnie Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stars with Versamark Watermark ink then embossed in white. The Walter & Winnie The Big, the Bold and the Happy sentiment was also stamped in Versamark Watermark, and embossed in Zing Orchid on a clear vellum fishtail flag panel. The vellum is secured in place by gluing behind the sentiment, and adding a couple of extra dabs of Dimensional Magic behind the Studio Calico wooden veneer stars, inked with Momento Ink Wedding Dress.

With these gorgeous summer colours, I'm playing along with 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing colours and very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! I love the background, all those beautiful colors for the big and bold sentiment! Nice touch with the stars too! Thanks for playing along with Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vellum on this fun and cheerful card! Great job Lyndal. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the BG is simply stunning, Those silver stars in the pink sky... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.