Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Christmas Dinner and a Happy New Year!


Wishing you all the very best of the Season and a FABULOUS 2019!

After starting a massive cleanup of my crafting room, I decided I would attempt to get back into scrapbooking this year, which I have not attempted for a while! Inspired by the current (but not for much longer) CSI Challenge #268, (colours, Christmas theme, circles, vintage elements, christmas trees, journaling about Christmas) and the latest sketch at Sketches in Thyme. I challenged myself to complete this in a couple of hours - which is a real challenge for me as I have been a SLOW scrapper, and usually leave my creations a few days and play around with them before finally sticking everything down. This is also one of the reasons I let scrapbooking slide, so I thought I'd try and speed up the process!

It is basic - but DONE lol!

As you can see, the photo is from 2006, so keeping with tradition most of the papers used were from last decade too! (I told you it had been a while!) Using a combination of papers from Love Elise Noel Recipe Book, Crate Paper Sweet Branch Collection - Cherish, Websters Pages Your Life - Beautiful, Sweetwater One Wish and Making Memories Christmas Script, Word and Shape Stickers from October Afternoon Very Merry and Thickers Jewellery Box Letter Stickers, along with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap.



Playing along with CSI Challenge #268

2 comments:

  1. Better late than never, Lyndal! They are so cute and your layout is fab! I love that you used paper from that decade! (It would have been fun to see the boys as they are today!) Good luck with rapid scrapping and your purge; I'm doing the same here. Well, not scrapping, but doing a clean-and-purge. Something about a fresh new year ...! Wishing you all the best in 2019! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you jumped back into scrapping and that you joined us at CSI! I'm an extremely slow scrapper too. Your kids are darling. Love the mix of patterns you used and those adorable gingerbread men. I hope you'll play with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.