Wednesday, November 25, 2020

CASE me a Christmas Card with Michelle Lupton


So this is my first crafty session in about a year! I was hoping Michelle Lupton's Case me a Christmas Card challenge would inspire me, and it certainly did! Just managed to get my card reveal day messed up, so I'm here a day late but as they say, better late than never!

I used alcohol inks for the background, a combination of Pinata Rich Gold, Mantilla Black, Sapphire Blue and Baja Blue with Tim Holtz Mixative Pearl, Cloudy Blue and Sail Boat Blue. Stitched snowflake diecuts from Lil Inkers, Christmas sentiment diecut from Paper Smooches, Wishes stamp from WPlus9.

Hope you love it as much as I do!

Here's Michelle's gorgeous card that inspired my CASE...

Ardyth came up with a genius acronym to help you make a Case of a card without making a direct copy of it - LIMES. I am going to be using this acronym for all my Cases from now on: 

List: Blue, alcohol inks, die cut, flowers, birthday, two colour stamping, bold greeting, monotone, gold, landscape

Include: Blue, alcohol inks, die cut, bold greeting, monotone, gold  

Modify: flowers  

Exclude: birthday

Spin: Christmas, portrait, curved edge, diecut sentiment 


You can check out Michelle's gorgeous CASE of my card here


Playing along at CAS on Friday (Big sentiment)

Double D's Winter Blues

Simon Says Christmas

5 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is absolutely gorgeous! I can see why you were inspired to case Michelle's card! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Lyndal, looks like you still have the magic touch! Great CASE of Michelle's card, it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you again! Such a wonderful card! The blue background is lovely and those snowflakes are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful and just perfect for our challenge. This inspires me to pull out my sadly neglected alcohol inks. Thanks for linking up with Double D. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and a great Case! Well done for getting inky:)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.