Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Movember...


I think my The Alley Way Stamps snowman looks quite dashing with his Movember mo! About Movember From its humble origins in Melbourne, Australia, during November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men's faces in Australia and around the world.  The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and male mental health, last year $124 million was raised!

My card was inspired by the combination of colours in this weeks Case Study card, I stamped Background Check binary code stripes in Versamark Vanilla, Stampin' Up Old Olive, Versamark Seafoam, Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.  I decided to join in at the Catered Crop Accentuate the Negative by punching out my pine tree border and using the negative cut to highlight the tree outlines.  My snowman is created using the body and scarf from Snow Much Fun, the top hat and moustache from Monster Madness.  The Framed photo frame sentiment is created from Cover Ups and Alphabet Soup.  Sketch inspiration came from Just Add Ink.


I thought my first version was probably a little too busy to be CAS so I recreated him using a plain cardstock background for CASual Fridays Snips & Snails Challenge, and City Crafters Challenge 3+1=Cute using three patterned papers and one cardstock.

Accentuate the Negative
3+1 = Cute, Patterns & Plain

16 comments:

  1. What a great way to promote Movember, love your paper piecing. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I think he looks dashing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far too fabulous! I just adore this - and what a great month to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a wonderful person and so clever to promote Moveember like this. My dad has prostate cancer next week he is going back for a second removal surgery. I have made a good size donation to a friends hubby who is growing a mow, I think I will make him a thank you card. CASE Study wise fabulous card and thanks for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw this is such a fun card ... love the snowman!! Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...love the mustache!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are just brilliant! Love the Movember snowmen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness.. What a fun card. That image is too cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards - they're wonderful! My son is raising funs for Movember, so I got a real kick out of your creations. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card!!! Thank you so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card, Lyndal! My DS does this every year; Mister does it ALL year!! You really rocked a bunch of challenges with one card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome - this is the first Movember Card I have ever seen - well done. Very cute too and I love your background - Perfect colours for this card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this guy! I haven't heard of this movement ... what a great idea. I am a fan of CAS, but I really like your circles background version ... so fun and it reminds me of a funky snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute is the mustached snowman?! Here in the states, they call it "No Shave November"...very cool, no matter what it's called, and even cooler to know that it's everywhere!! Thanks, as always, for joining the challenge this week, Lyndal and sharing your wonderful creativity:)!!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.