Monday, September 2, 2013

Retro Cottage Roses Recipe...


I found the perfect sentiment to play along with this weeks Catered Crop Sentiment-al Challenge and City Crafter Cottage Roses & Gingham Challenge, from Practicing Creativity:
ten tiny fingers, ten tiny toes
she's cute as a button,
and sweet as a rose.
...and so a baby card began, with papers from Authentique, and the "Hello Sweet Baby" sentiment, teddy and button heart from WPlus9, matched with this weeks versatile Retro Sketch, and Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle.  

I always find I stamp my baby cards in brown ink rather than black - it seems more suited to the softness of baby cards - how about you?

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! Great job with the sketch~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely darling baby card, Laurel! love the soft and sweet patterns with that precious teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the little gingham bear. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyndal this is just about the cutest teddy ever! Wonderful paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lyndal, the teddy is adorable and I love how you've paper pieced it.
    Thanks for joining us for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so pretty and sweet - the teddy is adorable. I really must try my baby cards in brown ink..I seem to resort to black every time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card! I love the colors! Thanks for the tip about using brown ink with baby cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and sweet. The bear in gingham is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the patchwork bear :)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.