Monday, December 3, 2012

All I Want for Christmas...

Two for one today :)


OK so these are my Christmas wishes - joy and world peace - am I being too greedy!

With Christmas is just around the corner, I thought I'd show you a super quick Christmas card.  I die cut my Memory Box Country Landscape, and my patterned paper is cut so the landscape just overlaps it.  From the back I lined up the patterned paper and landscape cardstock, and taped them together on the left and right hand sides - so the middle section was not stuck down.  This enabled me to cut out the patterned paper from behind the die cut windows and doors, so the red background shows through them.  I then used my glue pen to stick down the middle section of the landscape.  I stamped this gorgeous sentiment in Versamark Dazzle using The Alley Way Stamps Christmas Magic and Chatterbox, then added some red tinsel embossing powder and heat set it, before pop dotting the scene onto my card base.  Perfect for this weeks splash of maroon at Play Date Cafe, and only 99 Christmas cards to go LOL!


Decided to make another Christmas card.. this one is for my DS.  Inspired by this weeks CAS(E) this Sketch and the fab colours at Dynamic Duos.  The oblong in the sketch reminded me of a front door with someone peeking out from behind, so I created a 3D door using rectangles of red, and die cut this gorgeous Christmas wreath from My Favorite Things, and added this fab little Santa from The Alley Way Stamps No Peeking, and sentiment created using Alphabet Soup.



Don't forget there are still a couple of days left in this fortnights TAWS BE Inspired!

These made me smile...


19 comments:

  1. Both cards a re GREAT but the second one is super CUTE! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Are. Brilliant! Love both of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea! Glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous first card--LOVE the embossed sentiment! I love love love the pop of red!

    And that little santa peeking out from behind the door--SOOOOOO CUTE! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lyndal, The santa card is just too cute! the no peeking sentiment and what an awesome take on this sketch! You did great! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fabulous! Love the patterned paper you used on the first card and I have got to get my hands on that die! The little Santa on your second card is adorable and I love that wreath! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty! I really like the way the house windows are red! So happy that you found the time to join us again at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the No Peeking card! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO CUTE! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, the no peeking card is adorable, love Santa peeking from behind the door.....thanks for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such BEAUTIFUL CARDS!! =) Love your take on the challenges!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both gorgeous, love what you did with the die cut and the peeking Santa is so sweet! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. TOO CUTE!! love your idea, it makes for such a fun card! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the red behind your windows in the first one, and the Santa peeking is just too cute. What a great inspiration from the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, that peeking Santa is too cute!! Love the door with the wreath too - perfect Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So. Clever. I love that Santa peeking around the door! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of your cards, but that Santa peeking around the door is just genius - made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.