Sunday, December 23, 2012

Q a CAS-ual Retro Holiday Dash...


This fortnight two of my favourites have teamed up - the 10 Minute Craft Dash and CAS-ual Fridays - and in the belief that three is never a crowd, and four is better than three LOL, I threw this gorgeous Color Q palette and flipped this fab Retro Sketch into the mix too!
Luckily I had an extra die cut kraft reindeer, left over from the tag I had made for DS teachers gift.  I used the Die-namic wavy lines to create the snow drifts - cutting with both blades at once to save time for the Craft Dash   I just love the sparkle on the American Crafts glitter paper!  I cut the Daisy D paper to size and adhered the larger snowdrift, then tied my Trendy Twine and button knot, before pop dotting the smaller snow drift.  I adhered the kraft reindeer with his feet just tucked behind the front snow drift, then stamped The Alley Way Stamps Fa-la-la sentiment in Dove Grey StazOn.  I just had enough time to underline the heading and add Rudolph's nose and eye before my 10 minute buzzer sounded!



7 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Lyndal, I love the reindeer and the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful!! clean and simple and wonderful!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the antlers on the deer! And the sparkly snowhills :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so much fun! I LOVE those glitter slopes- in fact, I recently made a card that featured some. As always, you did a fabulous job with my challenge.

    Thank you for joining me in this 10 Minute Craft Dash, Lyndal. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shimmery snow! Great way to use that leftover reindeer in the dash challenge, love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is perfect for the Dash challenge! Love that shimmery snow. So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.