Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ginghnam Style...


I just LOVE this little bird from Purple Onion Design, and the whole time I was making this 10 Minute Craft Dash card the song going through my head was "Ginghnam Style" LOL!  I did all my stamping at once - once on the white cardstock, and once on each of the three gingham papers.  Amazingly my gingham stripes matched up almost perfectly for the wings and body - more luck than calculation!  The easiest way to paper piece in a hurry is to cut out the larger piece with a straight line running along the birds back, then just paste the wing on top - I used a glue pen too as I find this quickest for sticking fiddly pieces in a rush :)  As usual to save time I used my go-to Retro Sketch, so I didn't have to think too hard about what I was doing!  To match up my gingham lines on the base shapes it was quicker to cut them by hand, then cut the corners using my Fiskars corner rounder.  Papers are from Lily Bee Designs, with a gingham ribbon from my stash, and I cut out a circle from the light blue gingham to create my perfectly matched brad.  If I included making the brad in my 10 minutes I went over time by about 2 minutes 19 seconds, but I think it was worth it!!!

This made me smile...


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...great design! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brad was totally worth it! And I *had* to leave a comment to tell you that omg, I am going to be thinking Ginghnam Style too now. Agh! Bad enough that we dance to it at Zumba these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - thanks for an idea for all the gingham ribbon I have! Your bird is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Lyndal! Love all the gingham colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely adorable. Wow, you used these colors BEAUTIFULLY and I love your homemade brad!

    So thrilled you joined in this 10 Minute Craft Dash, Lyndal. I always look forward to seeing what you create for my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that little bird is so sweet and I love all of the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your sweet paper pieced birdie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Love all that paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHH! I love that birdie image--and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those papers! FAB card x1000000!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I totally had the same idea and have been singing Ginghnam Style too! Awesome. :) And I love that POD birdie too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling~hilarious post title!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fresh feel to your card. Love the brad that you made! And your title is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, congratulations to you :-)

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.