- Cut your 6x4 inch card base to size and round the corners.
- Stamp several Neat & Tangled Fresh Blooms flowers (12) and My Heart Sings bird (1) onto watercolour paper in Versamrk Embossing ink (or similar). Try stamping two rows of six flowers, with the bird stamped underneath the flowers on the right-hand end.
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder before blasting with your heat gun.
- Using Distressed Inks, vertically swipe the ink pad over the clear embossed images. Swipe the colours so each is just overlapping the next colour. Try using Wild Honey on the left (4 flowers), Spiced Marmalade in the centre (4 flowers & bird) and Picked Raspberry on the right(4 flowers & bird).
- Overspray with Glimmermist, or water & perfect pearls, then dry thoroughly with your heat gun. Try using Glimmermist Twinkle Yellow, or Gold, or just plain water!
- Fussy cut the Neat & Tangled flowers and bird. Try using a really small pair of sharp scissors, to help get around all the curly edges more easily.
- Adhere the layered flowers in position on the card with double-sided tape.
- Cut a strip of cardstock 6.5 inch x 1.5 inch, round the corners and die-cut "thanks" letters. Try aligning and taping the letter dies with masking tape to them hold in place before die-cutting.
- Don't be afraid to cut your stamps to customise your sentiments. This sentiment was created using Just Hello "a note of thanks" and "o" from "hello: and Fresh Blooms "f" from "beautiful". Before you ink your sentiment, place the sentiment stamps in position on your cardstock, then press down your stamp press or stamping block to pick up the stamps from the cardstock - this will vertically align your sentiment with your negative die-cut letters. Alternatively use a ruler to measure the spaces before placing your stamps on the block. If you have a stamping block with grid-lines, you can use the lines to help align your sentiment horizontally.
- Stamp the sentiment using a coloured ink such as Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe.
- Pop dot the sentiment banner across the card.
- Pop-dot the top section and double-sided tape the bottom section of the bird and attach to the card.
I hope you are inspired to give it a go with your inks and sprays,
and Neat & Tangled stamps!
Also playing along with Seize the Sketch, with this fabulous sketch by Stacey.