Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Courageous Dash...

8 Minutes and 57 seconds later...


This fortnights 10 Minute Craft Dash colours would be just PERFECT for a baby card - and guess what Paulina has as a fab prize - you guessed it, Little One, the newest, sweetest baby stamp set from Precious Remembrance Shop.

I remembered this week why die cuts are just perfect for the 10 Minute Craft Dash with this card (and its 7 die cut pieces!) being created in 8 minutes and 57 seconds, using a combination of Websters and Basic Grey papers and a sentiment from Verve, on a base of corrugated card I have had in my stash for a while!!!

Just thought I'd add a couple more 10 Minute Craft Dash tips here too:
  • I often use a pre-made 6 x 4 inch white cardstock base for the card - even if I add another colour on top whilst the stopwatch is ticking, I know exactly what size I need to cut it - and every second saved counts! 
  • I always make sure I have a clear idea/sketch to use for my card, including what colours I think I will use where. 
  • If I am using die cuts, I cut all the same coloured shapes in one pass through the die cutting machine - then add the next coloured sheet of paper and cut all those shapes in one pass etc (kind of like an assembly line!) and make sure I keep a safety pin handy to help remove the coloured paper from the die cuts quickly.
  • When I use foam to pop dot on my Dash cards I use the foam tape on a roll and peel off the backing BEFORE I cut it so that I can whack the tape straight onto my card and don't have to fiddle to remove the backing tape afterwards. 
I'd LOVE to see what you can create for the 10 Minute Craft Dash - just head over to Pretty Pink Posh and link up your creations there, and don't forget to check out the other FAB creations from the Design Team!
 


24 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. I love your flower and butterfly, and that die cut shape is perfect for your big sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a pretty card! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lyndal, love that big purple tag. Great tip for using die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less than nine minutes? Girl, you did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully fresh colour combination! And a great reminder, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really lovely card... love that MFT sentiment! thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those Webster's papers. Beautiful card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you did this in under 10 minutes! I love all the die cut pieces and the corrugated paper, this is such a springy color combo. You totally rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card, color palette and layout! Love everything about it! Well done in under 10 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lyndal...It didn't click when I looked at the DT cards on the 'Dash' blog that I should know you from Fusion. You gals make a great team...and this is beautiful!!! Thanks for your comment, and I did link up at Little Red Wagon! I appreciate it! Loved your Fusion card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly amazing and stunning. So impressed.... Really wow. Thank you Lyndal for all your tips and tricks comment. Those are great to know

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What a stunning card-i love it !
    Fabulous layout and perfect colour combination :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! I LOVE how CUTE this card is!! THANKS for sharing and for the added tips!! I agree all of these help cut down on the time!! I am usually barely under the time and I have had a BLAST with the challenges!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing card in every respect; perfect for the challenges you've entered! Thanks for sharing the "dash" tips; I'm inspired to give the challenge a whirl (one of these days...after some more practice!). Thank you, too, for commenting on my blog; you've definitely added sparkle to my day!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe this gorgeous card was done in under 10 minutes--you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a gorgeous color combo! I love how you layered your elements and the texture on your background is fabulous! Great job in under 10 minutes, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card - I can't believe you made it under 10 minutes - double wow!! I love your beautiful colours and the design is fab - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love that sentiment and the colors you have combined here...just gorgeous! Thanks for joining ust at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is just stunning! The colours are perfect and I think we all need reminding about this truth about courage from time to time :) just an absolute stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lyndal, this is so pretty! You rocked those colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I seriously love this card. You always create beauties for the Craft Dash, but this one just might be my favorite to date. You definitely rocked these colors and I love all of the textures on this card. Great job, Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.