Saturday, May 18, 2013

Another Awesome FUSION...

Another FABulous week of inspiration in the FUSION gallery and 
a huge THANK YOU to everyone who is playing along! 
I hope you are having as much fun as we are!!!



I can't wait to see what this weeks FUSION Hypothesis brings - will you be inspired by this FAB sketch, or this gorgeous photo - or BOTH?!?   Be inspired by the gorgeous textures or fibers, the neutral colours with a POP of bright, the twigs or flowers, the tag or fabric...

This week I was drawn by the gorgeous white painted wood background - I've been hording a scrap piece of this paper for a special occasion!!!  Luckily I was able to stretch my scraps by cutting my piece in two and adding a pop-dotted strip of this neutral spotted paper (another horded scrap!) to fill the space in between.  The kraft die-cut branch was left over from this earlier card-making effort.  I created my butterfly by swiping a scrap of watercolour paper with Wild Honey Distress Ink, before spritzing with Glimmermist Gold, heat setting and then die cutting my butterfly, and adding a few Kaisercraft gems.  The sentiment is created using a combination of Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday "You are", Basic Grey wood veneer "awesome" and WPlus9 "today and always".

Drop by FUSION to check out the Gallery 
and some more FANTASTIC inspiration from the Design Team
I can't wait to see what you create!


Stamping on patterned paper to join in the fun with CASual Fridays Stamp on DP
I thought I'd set myself an EXTRA Challenge and create my card from scraps, 
perfect for playing along with Shopping Our Stash Scrap Attack!
Having fun with Southern Girls Challenge Spotty Dots

This made me smile...

21 comments:

  1. Lyndal, what a great use of your scraps!! Loving your branch going across the card as your border. And the mixed sentiment is so engaging. While I'm here, I'm just going to thank you for linking up to the CAS-ual Fridays challlenge, K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the challenge! It's a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this card is absolutely gorgeous with a capital "G"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo...so NICE! Love the veneer word you've added to the sentiment...it adds so much interest! Beautiful, Lyndal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love what you have pulled from the inspiration!! All of those wonderful neutrals with that incredible butterfly - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm...I'm inspired by YOUR card! This is a stunner Lyndal. My new favorite card of yours...and I've had maaaaaany of those ;)

    Yup, I'm trying out for the LT DT too :) Are you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is awesome! I love the wood grain, the spotty paper, the branch, the butterfly...just the whole lot! :) I think Barb is right...this is the inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Lyndal. I love the wood grain background with that polka-dot DP and GORGEOUS butterfly. Superb! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ABsolutely stunning, as always! I really love that big veneer 'awesome'! AND, super sweet that you managed to pull all this off using just scraps - WOOT! So cool to have you play along with us at Shopping our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. I struggled with this sketch, but you have totally nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous card. So many things catch my eye and yet everything blends together perfectly at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card and layout Lyndal! perfect for our spotty dotty challenge over at the Southern Girls! Thanks for joining us. XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card - love the papers and the way you fused the sketch with the image. The butterfly is a perfect pop of color on it!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is awesome, Lyndal!
    Thank you for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHat a gorgeous card! Love the colors on the butterfly.Thanks for sharing it with us at SGC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely!!!! Thanks for joining the Southern Girls this time! Have a great weekend, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice, I like the CAS style and the pop of colour from your butterfly.

    Thanks for sharing with us this challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.