Monday, May 6, 2013

A Dashing His & Hers...

I'm so very far behind on my His & Hers Online Card Classes homework from last week, that having already created this card for this fortnights 10 Minute Craft Dash, I thought I'd try a "His" version of the same card.  Using the same layout and sentiment stamp, but substituting more masculine papers and elements - replacing spots with weathered wood, gingham with a starry night sky, a blossom branch with a twig die-cut and a plump coral birdie with a more svelte red one.  This red & white birdie combo reminds me of Christmas, and I'm playing along with Festive Fridays Element Challenge.  Thought I'd play along with Dream Valley Challenges No Squares Allowed - with not a square in sight - just LOTS of rectangles!

Here are the "Hers" & "His" cards side-by-side for comparison:


Many thanks for stopping by, much appreciated
You can now follow me by clicking on the "Blog Lovin" button!



14 comments:

  1. Lyndal, both cards are gorgeous! Great take on the His and Hers theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed that by simply changing the colours, the whole feel of a card changes! These are both beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lyndal...how perfectly peaceful and lovely! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just me again, Lyndal! Forgot to tell you how happy I am you joined us at FF with this lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Lyndal, beide Karten sind wieder einmal wunderschön. Ich mag sie sehr gerne.
    LG Flo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are awesome. I love how you were able to just change a few things and transform your feminine card into a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that there's nothing specifically 'holiday' about your card, but yet it's definitely suitable as a Christmas card! That's my favourite kind. This has such a beautiful feel to it, it's gorgeous! Good to see you again Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great male version! Love the single branch extending out to the window. And the red cardinal against the blue sky is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards and perfect for the challenges you've entered. Everything about them is heart-warming; you've brought a ray of sunshine to my day with this pairing! Thank you! As for the His and Hers homework - I'm far behind too!! Anniversary cards - gotta get some done!! Have a fantastic day - and thank you for commenting on my Daffodil & Baja Hello card! Have a great Thursday.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of these. I fall for that woodgrain PP every time I see it. And you've paired it perfectly with the branch and bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the guy version...the contrast in color and the woodgrain pattern...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing how a different colour combination can make the same design look so different. Both lovely, but I really like the male version with the woodgrain pattern. It's so realistic.

    Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to commenting.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.