Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Little 3D FUSION...


Another fantastic gallery at the FUSION Challenge last week - and looking forward to seeing your experiments for this weeks challenge!  Will you use just Jackie's Sketch Challenge, or just Lesley's Photo Challenge, or be brave and create a FUSION of the two?

As a Fusion Scientist I have combined both sketch and photo inspiration to create my card.  As soon as I saw this gorgeous aqua birdcage as the table centrepiece, I knew I wanted to try and re-create a 3D birdcage, using a technique similar to that which I used on this heart card (see photo below).  I used this gorgeous MME patterned paper behind the birdcage to pick up the colours from the photo and to reflect the layers in the sketch.  Using My Favorite Things die-cut I cut 6 birdcage shapes, one full die-cut for the base and 5 for the folded layers.  Using scissors, I cut and removed the top loop and the internal "wires" from 5 of the birdcages, and then folded each birdcage in half vertically.  With the complete birdcage die-cut as the base, I attached the frames of the birdcages to each other using a glue pen.  The best thing about this is that the birdcage still folds flat if you want to post it - then can be popped back to 3D when removed from the envelope!

I had such fun creating my watercolour Neat & Tangled bird last week, that I recreated one in aqua and coral this week, to play along with Little Tangles Pick Two (Yellow, Aqua, Coral) Challenge and Moxie Fab The Wonder of Watercolour Challenge too.  With this gorgeous sentiment from Paper Smooches, I am also playing along with Simon Says Stamp Happy Mail Challenge and Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes Challenge too.

With this gorgeous sentiment from Paper Smooches, I am also playing along with Simon Says Stamp Happy Mail Challenge and Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes Challenge too.

Head over to FUSION to see more fab inspiration from the Design Team - 
I can't wait to see what you create!
Allyson  Anderson  / Amy Tsuruta / Deanna Jean / Kelly Griglione / Stacey Schafer
3D birdcage inspired by my earlier card

24 comments:

  1. Wowsers!! Just look at that cage!! A great shape for this technique Lyndal :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyndal, you really weren't kidding! What are the chances of two 3d birdcages on the same day?!? Great minds, indeed : ) Well at least we used different techniques, right? Love how yours fans out, and how you have the pattern behind the cage. Like birdie wallpaper! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh em GEE, Lyndal, that birdcage! I love how you've coloured the bird, and seriously, the cage!!! Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndal the birdcage is gorgeous and i love the fluffy like bird inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning! not only am i in love with the bird and cage, but how you changed up the dsp inside the cage...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyndal, your cards are amazing, and stunning and gorgeous! Oh, to have your 'eye' for design and the talent to execute it! These are destined for my Evernote notebook as "must try." Love them! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Lyndal, love that bird and the amazing pattern paper in the cage. Wow, the turquoise makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE that birdcage!!!! beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyndal - Thanks for your suggestion on my FUSION card! I'll follow through,although compared to all the others I see, mine seems oh-so-amateur...then again, we all start 'somewhere'. You're wonderful! Have a fantastic Saturday.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Lyndal, I love the birdcage, very cute :)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is magnificent, Lyndal! The concept, the execution, the colors, just magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nailed it! this card is STUNNING! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that 3D birdcage and the exotic bird inside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love the fabulous 3d bird cage and the beautifully watercolored bird. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE your 3D cage, Lyndal - fantastic! That bird is just so adorable. I love how you incorporated both of the challenge elements. Beautifully done. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, truly stunning.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your 3d birdcage is a total WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet card! I love how you placed the bird in the cage with it's feathery tail hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so brilliant. I could stare at this for hours and still be amazed. Love the 3D. Go, Fusion Scientist, Go! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous bird Lyndal. Love the birdcage too. Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lyndal! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous card...great colour combos...

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.