Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I {heart} Scrappy Canary 2...

I applied last year to be part of the Polly!Scrap Kits card design team, although Ruth decided not to go ahead with a Card Designer on the DT, she asked if I'd like to join in the fun as a Guest Designer for July, and I jumped at the chance!  In the meantime Polly!Scrap Kits has evolved into Scrappy Canary, with Mandy, still the same fabulous Australian kit club, now with a new name.

There is a monthly kit released on the 15th of each month, and Scrappy Canary often include exclusive products like stamps, letterpress or wood veneers. The June Pocket kit - Tea and Toast, was no exception with a gorgeous scripty sentiment exclusive from Wilna Furstenburg.

The Scrappy Canary blog is here and the store here, with the VIP Lounge open 24/7.

I was only asked to do two projects, but I had so many fabulous ideas working with this kit, I couldn't help myself! To demonstrate the amazing versatility of Scrappy Canary kits, I created a total of two 12x12 layouts and 6 cards with the June Pocket kit - Tea and Toast, and there is still spare! I loved this kit so much especially the exclusive acrylic sentiment from Wilna Furstenburg, so much fun!

I had a sneak peek of two of my projects earlier this week, and here is a shaker card...
"You are a Star" a super shaker card created featuring this exclusive scripty sentiment from Wilna Furstenburg. The card base was covered with MME Wood Necessities, and the corners rounded. The shaker card shape was die cut using a Paper Smooched photo frame die, backed with one of the 3x4 Echo Park pocket cards, layered with two foam sheets stuck together and die cut to create the walls of the shaker box. The Wilna Furstenburg was adhered inside the shaker box, together with some Studio Calico wooden stars (from Scrappy Canary), before an acrylic clear sheet and the die cut MME Wood Necessities was added on top. The shaker box was adhered to the front of the box, and another Studio Calico wooden star added.

To catch the other projects I created from this kit, pop on over to the Scrappy Canary blog next week...


4 comments:

  1. Adorable shaker card....love the wood grain background. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful masculine card :) Thanks for joining us at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, Lyndal!! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.