Friday, July 18, 2014

My Word, A-very Happy Die-cut...


I broke out my Gelatos and watercolour brushes, together with my Avery Elle die cuts and stamps to play along with the current Moxie Fab World: Wonderful Words Challenge - Word Dies, along with a few other challenges, AEI{heart}U One Word ChallengeVirginia's View Die Cut ChallengeCurtain Call Inspiration Challenge 1st Anniversary Anything Goes, and Seize the Birthday With String Topping ;)

My first thoughts for this card were to repeat the "happy" across the watercolour stripes, but I couldn't resist incorporating the Avery Elle balloon die. I achieved the inlaid word die cut by first running the watercolour paper through my die cut machine, then using masking tape across the back of the watercolour paper, to keep the little pieces in place before carefully removing the watercolour "happy" and replacing with white cardstock "happy". I stamped the Avery Elle balloon string before I added the white cardstock "happy", then filled in the missing piece of string with a black Zig pen, so it looks as though the string is looped around the letters. I diecut and stamped the Avery Elle bow onto the balloon a couple of times, as the first few attempts I tried adding the string with the Zig pen around the end of the balloon to make it look more realistic - but decided in the end I preferred the bow floating by itself!

 
 

Don't forget, you still have time to Keep It Simple Take a Bow!

19 comments:

  1. I love this...the sweet little string is perfect with the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love the die cut with the string! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant design, Lyndal! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the bright white word among the colorful watercolor!! Such a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee! This is SUCH a winning design, Lyndal!! Happy, happy, happy and I'm not even punning! It truly is a happy card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy card! I love how you "attached" the balloon to the sentiment! Thanks for linking this up to Avery Elle Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to ROCK the challenge, Lyndal! Love this CAS design so much! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous, Lyndal ... such stunning colours, made all the more gorgeous by the crisp white of the balloon and word ... delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card makes me happy just looking at it :) Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of watercolors and dies! Love this! Thanks for playing the AEI♥U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, Lyndal! I love how you have the string looped through the Happy! Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet card, I love the sunshine colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Love this sunny, happy card! So clever, the way you "tied" your string around the sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a happy card! Well done, Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card. The die cutting is unique especially the circle and thanks for explaining how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must be the only crafter to have to admit I'm still not totally sure what a gelato is.... but I LOVE the effect you've achieved! Great card, Jo x
    dottypuddingdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.