Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tag You're It Virginia...

A super quick post before I head out to lunch with family and friends, as I'm just squeaking in for the fabulous Virginia's View Die Cut Challenge deadline, and I'll tell you why Laura Bassen is a GENIUS with this Tag You're It Challenge #2 when I return ;) ...

... So did you miss me!!!

I just LOVE the tag Laura Bassen created for the current Tag You're It. It's my favourite colour trio at the moment, however I was running short on time, so I die cut my Paper Smooches tag and Memory Box butterfly from some watercolour paper I had previously coloured using Distress Inks and Glimmermists. I had borrowed the Simon Says Stamp leaves die from Joy when we went away, and had luckily cut the perfect vellum version in my stash. Instead of the gorgeous geometrics Laura chose, I created a white repeating pattern using an Avery Elle "For You" sentiment stamp. In my first attempt I had die cut the butterfly body from the watercolour paper, but the colours just got lost - til I looked back at Laura's tag and realised that with such bright colours, white AND black are needed to make the colours really POP, and so I replaced the butterfly with a black body - and voila - see I told you Laura is a GENIUS!

 
Celebrating with Curtain Call Anything Goes Challenge too!
and a reminder there's still time to join in the fun @ the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous :) lovely colors and butterfly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous end result. And you are right...Laura is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal, this is gorgeous ! The white bloom with the butterfly ...stunning! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty take on Laura's tag! Thanks for linking this up to Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag card Lyndal. Love the colors and your repeat of the sentiment on the tag and card - great design! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love tags on cards , but your design (ie landscape) is so cool - will have to case this! I love the soft flower under the butterfly. You're right about Laura and you're pretty clever yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauitufl job on CASing Laura's! I love the striking and vibrant colors!! GREAT job on incorporating the dies! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. D more I see your tag n card, d more I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!! I LOVE the resist background and the watercolored butterfly. Such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on Laura's tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Lyndal! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous tag you created! I'm glad you noticed the white and black thing...not sure I would have realized that is what makes Laura's tag so vibrant. And I adore your gelato watercoloring on your previous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lyndal this is sooo PRETTY! Loving that color combination!!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Tag You're It! Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for pointing out the white/black lesson on popping! You are totally right!! I love learning new things, like all the time : ) Really gorgeous tag, Lyndal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colours. Just pops against the white card front. Love it. Thanks for playing along TYIC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card. Another great design. The butterfly is so sweet... also like the vellum leaves. Thanks again for playing with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spotted this on your side bar - WOW! Jo x dottypuddingdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.