Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I {heart} Scrappy Canary 3...

So happy to be a Guest Designer this month at what was Polly!Scrap Kits, recently evolved to become Scrappy Canary, still the same fabulous Australian kit club, now with a new name.

I was only asked to do two projects, but I had so many fabulous ideas working with this kit, I couldn't help myself! To demonstrate the amazing versatility of Scrappy Canary kits, I created a total of two 12x12 layouts and 6 cards with the June Pocket kit - Tea and Toast, and there is still spare! I loved this kit so much especially the exclusive acrylic sentiment from Wilna Furstenburg, so much fun!

I had a sneak peek of three of my projects last week, and here are a couple more...
I so love this layout!  Super quick, and fabulously complimented by the elements from the Scrappy Canary Tea and Toast pocket kit. The background 12x12 is Pink Paislee Color Wash paper, but you can just as easily create a similar effect with paintbrush as watercolour inks or paints. Every other element in this layout is from the Scrappy Canary Tea and Toast kit or store. The 6x6 sheet of MME Wood Necessities was cut to fit behind the photos, and I love how the black and grey tones match perfectly with the black and white photo.  Two of the 6x4 Echo Park pocket cards were also cut to fit behind the photos, with the arrows drawing your eyes to the colour photo.  This gorgeous Jilly Bean sentiment was perfect for this layout, and the yellow "Right Now" fussy cut from another of the Echo Park cards provides a perfect pop of colour. All that needed to be added was the cut "This Happened" puffy sticker and "Snap" Jilly Bean card (which contains the hidden journaling and story behind the tiger tears in this photo!), together with the "Press Pause, Rewind and Play" circles and ampersand from Heidi Swap, also purchased from Scrappy Canary.

"Just my type", another card I love! The typewriter was fussy cut from one of the 3x4 Echo Park pocket cards and added to one of the 6x6 sheets of MME Wood Necessities. The sentiment was stamped using My Favourite Things Typewritten, and added an acrylic red heart from the Scrappy Canary Tea and Toast pocket kit.

You can hop on over to the Scrappy Canary blog to see all the projects I created from one Tea and Toast pocket kit!

Celebrating with Curtain Call Anything Goes Challenge too!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome layout, Lyndal!! Love how you cut the woodgrain paper to fit behind your adorable jungle creature!! Great use of the arrows too. On your card, the little typewriter looks SO adorable on that woodgrain paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lyndal, love your projects!
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. Nice picture and lay-out on the first... love the title... the card is so sweet. That typewriter is pretty... love the sweet little heart. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that typewriter! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Lyndal, congratulations for winning one of the prizes over at the Curtain Call celebration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.