Friday, March 30, 2012

Colour Q Retro Sketch Handbag...




Wow two posts in one afternoon!

I knew as soon as I saw this weeks Retro Sketch Challenge that I wanted to rotate the sketch 90 degrees and make a handbag style card - then when I saw this weeks colours at Colour Q with the cute Easter Basket inspiration, I just had to combine the two!

I have used some of this gorgeous paper from My Little Shoebox which combines all the colours from the challenge!  The rosette was created from teal cardstock and SEI paper using a Spellbinders diecut and Fiskars circle punch, then pop-dotted to the card - with the added bonus of the top flap of the handbag being able to be tucked securely in place behind the rosette.  I love this sentiment from Skipping Stones Design.

I decided that the end of my pennant needed more definition and backed that section with the teal cardstock too (see the third photo) - works a treat!

Let me know if you would like more details about how I cut the shape - mine was just make it up as you go, but there are plenty of great patterns on the web and I think there may even be special die cuts available.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!
    I love that you used the sketch on a shaped card!! Great purse. The colours are incredible. :)
    Thanks for joining us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, sorry handbag! Have to laugh, the sentiment is cool (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal this is fantastic—it's great how you used the sketch for your handbag card! Very clever and fun card! So glad you joined us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so unique and I love the sentiment and patterned paper strip...perfect colour match for the challenge :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, so pretty!! Great take on the colors, thanks for playing along with us this week at ColourQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, Lyndal, great idea! thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.