Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Paper Smooches Easter Joy...





Inspired by this fortnights gorgeous photo from Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, I love the cute felt bunnies and the saturated colours.

I tried something new by stamping images from Paper Smooches Spring Fling onto felt to achieve a light outline to use as a stitching guide.  I found the best option was to stamp them using Distress Ink. I used Victorian Velvet, but any light colour could achieve the same effect (although Spun Sugar was too light to see the outline). The outline was then highlighted by using 3 strands of embroidery thread - the usual 6 strands did not produce a fine enough line.  I used DMC Embroidery Thread in 704 (green), 3806 (pink) and... yellow whose code has fallen off!  The papers are from Alison Ellis Design and Rose Moka - although you could be really creative and make your own ;)  The egg shape negative cut was achieved by enlarging the Paper Smooches Spring Fling image on a photocopier, then cutting out the shape using a craft knife.  The Spring Fling sentiment is stamped using Versa Colour Lime, and I love the subtlety of the sentiment in the midst of all the saturated colours.

To adhere the egg and bunny to the card, I used Provo Crafts Terrifically Tacky Tape (also known as red tape). The best thing about Terrifically Tacky Tape is that it is terrifically tacky, the worst thing about Terrifically Tacky Tape, is that it is terrifically tacky - so you have to be extra careful - once it sticks, it stays!

Today is a gloriously sunny day - hope you are enjoying Spring / Autumn wherever you are!

6 comments:

  1. This is cute how you used felt. Glad you joined the TAWS blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! VERY creative. You have just opened up a whole new can of thoughts regarding use of stamps...my grandmother used to send me transfer sheets for embroidery. I now realize I have oddles of potential transfers! What a truly wonderful take on the PS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and creative Lyndal - love the felt and your stitching. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Love the stitching. thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award!
    Love the card!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked the challenge! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.