Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's Spring Baby...





Even though we are heading towards Winter here, north of the equator is heading towards Summer, hence we have a very Spring inspired baby card.  This card was inspired by the CAS-ual Fridays Hey Baby! Challenge, The Paper Players Spring has Sprung, and this gorgeous collage of Easter images from Jay Gees Nook Challenge.

I love these shaped bib cards - I first made one when my sons teacher was expecting her first baby.  I love that they are so easy to make - similar to a circle card, just not quite the full circle, then use a circle punch to create the neckline.  I have stitched around the edge of this card to add some texture - but as you can see I still have my "L" plates on when it comes to driving my sewing machine - but the more I practise the better I'll get at least that's what I tell my kids, so I better start practicing ;) These gorgeous stamps are from Paper Smooches Spring Fling, although the set has an egg-shaped stamp, I actually stamped the tulip to create the top and bottom of my cracked egg, and paper pieced them and the baby chick.  Papers are a combination from Echo Park Dots & Stripes, Grace Taylor and Sassafras. The sentiment is from Practicing Creativity Designs.

Hope you are enjoying Spring (or Autumn!) wherever you may be.

15 comments:

  1. Lyndal this is so ADORABLE! Love the bib shape. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. Love the just hatched little chickie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card and with all these great spring cards I am hoping it arrives earlier than scheduled. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the fun shape and the sweet little hearts on the cracked egg :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love the bib shape and stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bib idea-it does seem pretty straightforward to do. Using the tulip stamp...I never would have thought of that but it is perfect. Love this!

    I'm a pretty good seamstress but sewing on paper always throws me. You'd think I was a novice. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the cutest cards I've seen!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable...cute as can be! Why didn't I ever think of this? Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! This is just the cutest card ever! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could this be any cuter?! I think NOT!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, sweet, springy. Adorable card. That little guy is so quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lyndal, this is way too cute! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lyndal, this is such a cute card! Thanks so u=much for playing along with us this month ... Ange

    ReplyDelete

I REALLY appreciate you for taking the time to stop by, and I really do appreciate your comments.